Posted by: dw | 2009-08-19

healthy addiction?

I am addicted to exercise and fat burners. For a long time, I refused to admit it, but I now realise I have a problem. How do I get off this? My life for the last 10 years has been gym, gym &  more gym. Only recently have I gone onto fat burners, but I can feel the difference they make to my training, so dont want to go without them now. It is my identity &  people know me for this and they come to me for advice. I put everything aside for exercise.... my friends.... family.... holidays. I am going away tomorrow for 4 days &  am really stressing because I wont be able to exercise. It is becoming a problem. Please assist. Txs.

"Fat burners" are not healthy products, and any dependence on them must carry risks. And while exercise is generally healthy, and excess of ANYTHING is usually hamful. See a psychologist to regain control over these excesses., and to regain a healhy sense of identity. The identity you want is as a fat burner consumer ? Surely you can do better than that. You are wise to recognize that this is becoming a problem with potentially serious consequences --- Do see a good psychologist, preferably one with a CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) orientation, and apply your obssessiveness to something much more wholesome than consuming poor;y tested drugs and over-exercising.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-08-19

Surely you could find a space were you could exercise even if you had to go jogging, or which ever you could do. What is the long term cons of using fat burners? that ough to put you off.

Reply to Zexeon