Question
Posted by: Audrey McGregor | 2009-11-06

Health/energy bars

Please research these bars as my daughter of 16 loves . Thanks

Dear Audrey
Well, I will have to do this as one of my DietDoc Topics, so watch the Diet site. What I do know is that most energy bars are very high in energy so they are not a good idea for anyone who wants to lose weight, but they are excellent for individuals who are very active and need lots of energy. Some of the bars also have a high fat content which make them a less desirable choice. If your daughter is not overweight and very active then she can certainly eat energy bars, but she should try and check on the label of bars that contain 5 or fewer grams of fat per 100g and that also contain some dietary fibre.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-06

Dear Audrey