Posted by: sakeena | 2009-02-05

Health Walker

Dear Doc

Could you pls tell me if a Health Walker the ones Verimark used to advertise on tv some years back has any benefits in regards to losing weight. I purchased one that time now it is just gathering dust and I am on herbalife at the momment and was just wondering if the health walker has the same benefits as taking a walk it does make your heart beat faster when you do a few minutes wth that equipment. Pls I would really like to know.

Dear Sakeena
It would depend on how fast and how long you exercise on the Health Walker. Generally speaking cardio exercise for 30 min or more per day is recommended for weightloss and to keep you healthy. By all means use the Health Walker, but increase your pace and the length of your exercise session as you get fitter.