Question
Posted by: lee | 2008/06/23

Health suffering-hard physical labout

My mom is 55 years old, due for pension at 60. She does hard physical work at a big institution. Recently, she was told by a doctor and was told that she's short of bone marrow in her knees. She does complain of knee problems.
Because of the pronness to accidents that the nature of her job exposes her to and the irreparable damage to her physical functioning that she may have due to a work-related accident, I've suggested that she resign but she's worried about not getting a package with full pension benefits from her employer. What are her chances? & does the diagnosis bind the employer to consider giving her a disability package or something like that/

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

If your mother can not do the physical work then she should get a specific doctor certificate advising the company she cannot do it. I do not believe that she should resign if the matter is that bad then she should apply for a boarding from the pension fund.