Question
Posted by: Lizie | 2009/04/08

Health risk for breast feeding mom

I' m an engineer for a construction company who has recently come back from maternity leave. I' m still breast feeding my child. My manager indicated to me that i should work at a shaft which is around 50 or 60 m deep. I told him accoring to health and safety acts i' m not able to work there, but it seems like he doesn' t acknowledge my refusal to work at the shaft. Am i correct in saying i can' t work there because i' m still breastfeeding?

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

I think the best people to ask would be our Occupational Health Expert and our Labour Lawyer, but I will see if I can find any info on this for you too.