Question
Posted by: aldes | 2009-06-08

Health in general and weight loss

Over and above questions " 3636" . I suffered from depression until my gynae discovered cysts on my ovaries and put me back on the pill. Much better now, but this has not helped my weight. another trip to gynae, I was put onto glucophage which I must admit I did not take regularly. I have since put on stax of weight plus after quitting smoking it' s just getting worse. Before going back on pill I tried every diet i know without success. not sure where to start and what to do first from here?

Dear Aldes
Ask your doctor to check your thryoid hormone, and fasting blood sugar and fasting insulin to exclude underactive thyroid gland and insulin resistance.