Question
Posted by: Quizzy | 2010-09-10

Healing time

Good Day Doctor,

With regards to cracked/ bruised ribs, how long is the healing period? I had a hard blow to the upper left side of my chest about 5 weeks ago, anything from sneezing, clearing my throat, talking loudly or deep breaths hurt alot that I would cry but that too would hurt, it still hurts all these weeks later- not as much though. How long will it take to a full recovery and is there anything I can do to help the process?

Quizzy

Full recovery can take 8 to 12 weeks. By keeping still and not participating in activities where there is an increase in respiration, as well as chest movement, can speed up your recovery.

Reduce inflammation by taken Ibuprofen/Advil Gel Caps when the pain is persistant and severe.