Question
Posted by: maria | 2012/08/06

healing and acceptance

How can you start to heal of someone who was taken from you when you were very young, I want to find the meaning first and want to know if you can pray from God to give you the answer.

Me and my boyfriend struggle because he tells me i havent accepted my kids that are mentally handicapped. Can i ask God what is the meaning behind there dissability is . He thinks i must get n permanant caretaker for them, on the other hand i do all my things with them, go to town and markets. He cant cope with them every weekend. What must i do, i feel like i am torn in two.

Anyone can, of course, ask their God for help in understanding sad and difficult things that happen to them. But it is also often useful to find an expert counsellor who can help you understand better what it means for you, and to help you find the most useful way to deal with the tragedies and challenges of life. Such matters as how best to care for a disabled child needs expert advice to find the most convenient practical local solution, and isn't the most useful question to ask God - I think God answers such questions through helpful and knowing people. Check if there are charities and other organizations around where you live, which help to deal with this sort of problem.

2
Posted by: Epiphany | 2012/08/07

Maria, my heart really goes out to you. (((hugs)))

My first born suffered minimal brain damage at birth. She WAS ADHD with major learning difficulties. I say WAS as she is adult today and is the light of my life and my rock when times are tough. I had two younger children, all very close in age.

When She (dont want to mention name) was about 4 years old I really felt at the of my tether, I felt I couldnt cope with this difficult child plus two younger children. I was a stay at home Mom and found it all very overwhelming. Many nights after collapsing exhausted into bed and sobbing I would pray for help.
My thoughts were " Why me, why must this happen to me? Please, I need help!" 

One morning on awakening the FIRST thought that came into my head was:-

** It''s NOT about you, you selfish idiot, it''s about HER! Why did this happen to her! You are the Mother, this special child was given to you, now get on with it! **

I jumped out of bed, went to Her bedroom and gave her a big hug and kiss. My attitude changed overnight. I''ve never looked back, took things in my stride one day at a time and today we have the most loving, caring daughter.

You take care now Maria and know that you are not alone xxxx

Reply to Epiphany