Posted by: barbara | 2008-12-08

I have pain inthe bottom of my heal when I walk. Feels like it could be bruised, but don' t remember standing on anything. Been like that fro about two weeks. Any ideas ?

Hi Barbara
It could be a heel spur or the early symptoms of plantar fasceitis. Difficult to treat - try using anti-inflammatory, wear a shoe with a slight heel as it helps reduce the traction on the area, try and get to a podiatrist to get a special insole to wear on the heal to cushion it. If conservative treatment does not help, one sometimes need a cortisone injection in the heal or even plaster of paris for a few weeks to give the area time to heal. It is caused by small tears in the fibrous tissue of the sole of the foot where it inplants on to the heel bone.