Question
Posted by: Jaco | 2010/04/08

Headaches in the morning

Hi CyberDoc

If you could please give me advice on this one -
sometimes in the mornings i wake up with a slight headache and my head feels a bit stuffy. I sleep well enough and i do regular excercise (action cricket and hockey).

If i am not careful by late afternoon it sometimes goes over into a light migraine.

Could it be just tiredness or is my body needing something that i don''t realise?

Jaco

I suggest that you consult your GP for a full examination, as there are a multitude of reasons for your headaches and it will have to be investigated.

5
Posted by: jaco | 2010/04/08

hi all

ouch, that sounds really bad. i feel for you.

do i get saline from the pharmacy?

what i also noticed is that smell can also worsen it, for instance staysoft - the smell sits in the fabric, so i smell it all the time and makes my head more stuffy. also direct sunlight at a bad angel. sounds strange, but believe me it hurts when im driving. hehe...

thank you all for comments.

oh, i do sleep with my head a bit elevated thank you :-)

Reply to jaco
Posted by: jaco | 2010/04/08

hi all

do i get saline from the pharmacy?

thank you all for comments.

Reply to jaco
Posted by: Racoon | 2010/04/08

Shame man, I feel for you. I am pregnant and having endless problems with sinus headaches and I can take only Panado - yay. When it gets bad nothing can alleviate the pain, so I understand your mild migraine - landed met in hospital on IV paracetamol twice now. Anyhow, what I can suggest is firstly sleeping with your head elevated (that really helps), then flushing your sinuses with saline 3 times a day (I hate that) and using decongestants when you start getting a headache, and before the first saline flush. If you''re getting headaches regularly a few physio sessions are probably recommended as the ultrasound and laser do wonders.
Best of luck there!! Its a horrible experience.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: Jaco | 2010/04/08

yes i do struggle with sinus now and then. i take texa when needed. i don''t know if it matters, but some of the times it happens my sinuses are ok.
don''t know if it makes a differene ?
oh, i have also cut down on coffee, haha, down to max 2 cups a day. for a couple of months now. they say too much caffeine can also cause it.

thank you

Reply to Jaco
Posted by: Racoon | 2010/04/08

I''d bet its a sinus problem! Doc will advise you how to deal with it.

Reply to Racoon