Question
Posted by: annemariee | 2010/04/28

headaches

goodday i woder if you can assist me . I have been having a problem with headaches but the last week its really bad , ont hte 20/04/2010 we called our local gp to help me i had excruciating pain in the lef side of my head , it almost felt as if my brain was to big for y skull , the gp gave my 2 pain injectoins wich one was directly into the vein , the pain started feeling better .
the next day I went back to my gp for a check up where he told me my body is almost immune to ost pain killers , he prescribed purblocka and urbanols for treatment of the headache , and advised me that if the pain was unbearable I should use One Grandpa powder ( Pain pill in powder form ) one a week , it is today one week and one day and Ive already taken about 4 of the pain powders , and the headache keeps getting worse and comes ore freutly , should I get a second opion .

Hallo Annemarie
I think you should probably see a neurologist as you may have either a migraine type headache or chronic tension headaches. The problem is that if you use a lot of pain medication, it actually starts triggering the headaches. I agree with the Urbanol and Purbloka your doctor prescribed, getting some physiotherapy may also help. But one should get a neurological examination to exclude any serious brain problems.

2
Posted by: John | 2010/04/28

Yes! get second opion! ASAP

Reply to John
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/28

Hallo Annemarie

Reply to cyberdoc