Posted by: Mariaan | 2010-01-31

Hey I am 26 years old, I have constant headaches, I’ m always tired, my body huts all the time, legs and hands swell, feet have a burning sensation all the time, I battle to sleep, all my joints feel stiff, I have had a brain scan, neck and back x-ray' s, I have a thyroid problem, I battle to lose weight, I’ m just so tired of have a head ache every single day of my life, I drink more than 20 to 30 head ache tables a day.

It is important that you consult your doctor for blood tests to determine if your thyroid condition is treated adequately. A low thyroid count/underactive thyroid will be responsible for all the above symptoms. Further blood tests should be done, to eliminate other possibilities, i.e. low iron count etc.

In the interim you can try Sibelium capsules for the chronic headaches.

It is very important that you consult your doctor to have your symptoms investigated.

Posted by: anon | 2010-02-01

I can' t comment about the other problems, but if you' re drinking that many headache tablets a day you are probably having " medication overuse headaches" . This basically means that initially you had some bad headaches that made you take some pain killers, and after a while, you' re body started to depend / get used to having certain levels of those drugs at any given time. So now you' re body is giving you headaches to make you take more pills to maintain the dose level!

I used to get a headache at least once every three days, so I know how bad it is. You can' t work, can' t concentrate, can' t enjoy the simple things in life because you' re just battling to cope with the pain.
What helped me was physio therapy. I get tension headaches due to tightness in my back, neck and shoulders, so the physio has drastically improved my life. Maybe it' s worth a try for you?

Reply to anon