Question
Posted by: Mic | 2008-11-21

Headaches

I am experiencing headaches at the gym. It has only started happening recently and something as litlle as five minutes on the bicycle and I can feel the headache coming. Why does this happen, do I need to consult some one about this...?

Hi Mic

Difficult one. I'm not 100% sure, there are a couple of possibilities. Blood pressure is one, though I wouldn't want to guess why that's a problem now all of a sudden. Could be something related to your diet, something you're eating now that you didn't before. Could also be something related to circulation, though again, I'm not sure why the suddent onset.

I think that the best is to see how it goes this week, and if it persists, then see a doctor. I suspect it may disappear as quickly as it began, and there'll be no reason to do anything. But it might persist and then you do need to see someone because there are a number of things that can cause it and I'm guessing here.