Posted by: Candice | 2009-02-09

Headache with side effects

Over the week-end I had a headache above my left eye (which is still there) and at one stage my right hands fingers started going numb (could not feel them) from the tip of the finger towards the palm from the pinkie towards the thumb. Feeling came back relatively quickly, but then a part of my upper lip on the right hand side started to get that numb feeling also. Is this related to the headache and is it something I should be worried about? Also I still have the headache despite taking panado' s and having a good nights rest, why is this?

Dear Candice
These are worrying symptoms - please see your doctor as soon as possible. It could be signs of a TIA ( Transient Ischemic Attack) a type of mini stroke which is usually temporary but is an indication that there is a risk of a real or full blown stroke.