Posted by: borntowin | 2009-03-04

Headache that lasted for a month and mor

Dear Doc,
I would like to know if some one cacn suffer from head ache for this long and why.
In 2005 I can remember having tension etc head ache that lasted for 3 months but without fever.
The only thing I remember was that prior to that I had gone through serious depression because of family issues and did not sleep for nights on end. No medication could help until it disappeared on its own.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Borntowin,

One can certainly suffer from headaches for three months – many headache sufferers have daily headaches for many years. Stress can certainly trigger off a headache, but usually it doesn’t go away like yours did, so you are one of the lucky ones.

Headache sufferers often have a poor Quality of Life due to the constant pain and associated symptoms. For a free assessment of how your headaches are affecting your Quality of Life, click on

This information has been supplied and checked by the multidisciplinary team of specialists at The Headache Clinic, in association with The International Headache Society and the South African Institute of Headache and Migraine Science. For consultation with these specialists, call The Headache Clinic on 0861 678 911 (Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban).