Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010/09/13

Headache sufferer

I started suffering with headaches out of the blue at the age of about 30. I eventually had them narrowed down to menstraul migraines at the age of 35. I had a thorough examination by a neurologist. I some how never really got the correct meds for it. At the age of 38 I developed neck problems. Cervical Spondylosis. Along with this came headaches. I was given cataflam for this. I am now in my early 40''s. I still don''t seem to be on top of this. I seem to have a headache of some sort 20 days out of the month. My doc has recently prescribed synap forte. Not sure if this is safe to take on a regular basis. This is affecting my family as well. I actually feel ontop of the world when I don''t have headache. It''s like a miracle. Do you have any suggestions on medication for the headaches?

Hallo Mary
It sounds to me as you may have more than one trigger for headache and you may even be getting more than one kind of headache. I suggest that you go to the headache clinic for a full examination as just taking pain killers is not the solution. Chronic painkiller use can trigger rebound headaches and it is very bad for your kidneys. See http://www.headacheclinic.co.za/pages/45
There is one in Johannesburg, one in Cape Town and one in Durban

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/13

Hallo Mary