Question
Posted by: lolly | 2011-10-25

Headache + Neck pain

my neck was sore for twodays last week ( thursday + friday), took pain killers because i thought i had been having bad nights. On sunday morning, i woke up with a very sore lump. jst below the ear ( towards the end of the neck)..I went to see a GP and he said it could be an ifection from the brain or somthing..Its is now Tuesday morning,i have the worst headache, my whole boyd is sore and i my back hurts.....should i be concered?? The doc gave me anti-boitics tho...PLEASE HELP, im writting exams !!!

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Lolly,

If your doctor said it was a brain infection and he didn't admit you to hospital, then you should find another doctor. Please get another opinion as soon as possible.

Headache sufferers often have a poor Quality of Life due to the constant pain and associated symptoms. For a free assessment of how your headaches are affecting your Quality of Life, click on http://www.headacheclinic.co.za/

This information has been supplied and checked by the multidisciplinary team of specialists at The Headache Clinic, in association with The International Headache Society and the South African Institute of Headache and Migraine Science. For consultation with these specialists, call The Headache Clinic on 0861 678 911 (Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban).

1
Posted by: Headache expert | 2011-10-26

Dear Lolly,

Reply to Headache expert