Question
Posted by: Me | 2010-01-25

Headache from hell.

A few years back I saw a specialist for some tests. While there I mention the headaches from hell I have, it was so bad that I couldn' t remember things that was said to me 5 min back. It felt as if my head was in a wisgrip and it was turn slowly to increase pressure. The dr did a lumberpuncher(sp) and said I have a hormone in my brain that is not working. The hormone is the result of my body not getting rid of fluid in my brain so the pressure keeps building up. He prescribe Diamox 250mg to me but due to the price of it and my medical aid not willing to pay for it I stop using it. So after he drain the fluid the headache was gone but resantly it start again. A few days back I went for an eye test and the woman told me the pressure on my eyes is very high, could this be the result of the fluid that is building up again or am I just paranoid.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Me,
No you are not being paranoid. If the pressure in your eyes is very high, it is VITALLY IMPORTANT that you are treated by an eye specialist. High pressure in the eyes is caused by a condition called glaucoma, which leads to blindness if left untreated.

1
Posted by: Headache expert | 2010-01-29

Dear Me,

Reply to Headache expert