Posted by: lynda | 2009-09-09

I have had the most severe unyielidng headache for 3 weeks now. It is so bad that my vision is disturbed, i feel dizzy and disorientated and feel nauseus.

I am also experiencing intense itching and burning of the skin all over my body. The itchy areas are raised bright red intensely itchy hot and burning. On the palm of my hands it starts burning and when i look the whole area is red and inflamed with white blister like marks which lasts for bout 10 minutes. I have been for an allregy test (blood)which indicated that I am not allergic.

I also have had constant neutropenia for three years now.

Do you have any insight as to what may be happening?

Dear Lynda
The rash that you describe counds like hives, which is a kind of allergic reaction - what blood test did you have?
You need to see a doctor for the headache, you may have infection of the brain (encephalitis) or there may be something more serious like a tumour causing these symptoms.
Chronic neutropenia is usually caused by a bone marrow problem and could be due to: aplastic anemia, blood cancers, certain medications, hereditary disorders or Vitamin B12 or folate deficiency. You need to see a hemotologist for this

Posted by: LYNDA | 2009-09-15

Dear Dr Bets

Please can you let me know where I could find a Hematologist who can assist me. I reside in the Boksburg area.

The allergy tests I had were the standard tests done for allergic reactions. Test for grass , animal fur, dust. And IGE (I think it is that one) and other standard ones. But I was on cortisone treatment at the time of the test.

Reply to LYNDA
Posted by: LYNDA | 2009-09-15

Reply to LYNDA