Posted by: Ell | 2009-09-08

headache due to toothache

i have a rotten tooth on the right upper jaw. the tooth does get painful at times but i' m experiencing frequent headaches than toothaches. it attacks behind my right eye, forehead and the back of my head. i have been to the headache clinic and after the assessments i was told i have tension headache. i' m still using the palet they gave me but it is not helping much.i would please like to know if the headaches could be due to the tooth.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Ell,

It is unlikely that the tooth is causing your headaches, although it may be contributing.
There are two possible reasons that the plate they gave you is not helping: the first is that it may need further adjusting, and the second is that you may have pain from the arteries as well as muscle tension pain. Please call the clinic on 0861678911 and ask to speak to me personally, so that we can discuss this in more detail.