Posted by: anon | 2009-04-28

Headache clinic and medical aid

I would like to come in to the headache clinic at some point for help with my frequent headaches, but I would like to find out if my medical aid will pay for this? I' m on the comprehensive plan with AECI, and in order for me to go to a specialist I must have a referral from my GP and get pre-authorisation.
For an initial consultation, will I need to see any specialists? And if so whom? (I need to supply practice numbers for pre-authorisation) Are your patients normally able to claim from medical aid, or do they end up paying for treatment themselves? Any information regarding this would be hugely helpful!

Thank you...

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Anon,

If you call 0861 678 911, they will give you all the necessary information