Posted by: Anna | 2010-01-28

Headache Clinic

I posted here about a year ago on behalf of my daughter who has suffered from migraines for many years and she has missed many days at school and work because of these.

In March last year she went to the headache clinic and we really thought that she was in good hands. However the plate has not helped, physio only helped to a certain extent. The Doc says she may have to have the aterial operation. She still needs to be tested to see if she is a candidate, but she has given up all hope and says she will not go back because:

Only now do we find out that Discovery will not pay for this op as suppodedly they had a falling out with the Clinic. My daughter cannot pay 37thousand out of her pocket. So, what is she to do?! As it is, she has paid over R6000.00 for treatment at the clinic.

Her hopes for living migraine free have been dashed. Where does she go from here? Is there any other doctor in S.A. who performs this arterial op besides Dr Sevel?

Expert ImageHeadache expert

see above

Posted by: Headache expert | 2010-01-29

see above

Reply to Headache expert