Posted by: Jones | 2011-11-07

headache, Chest pains &  Fever

Hi doctor
I''ve been experiencing a headache couple with fever and a sore throat. Another problem is that when I breath normal Iike I''m used to I feel pain in my chest. This has been happening for the past 2 days. What symptoms can these be for?

These are symptoms of a viral infection. You should get a lot of bedrest and drink a lot of fluids to stay hydrated. You can use Panado or Ibuprofen to alleviate your pain and fever. I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and a throat swab, to determine if you have a viral or bacterial infection. If you have a bacterial infection, you will have to get a script of antibiotics.