Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-02-17

Headache before and during period

I am on the Pill (Ginette) and get the WORST headaches close to and during my period
Seven days is just such a long time to suffer with this (this is besides the backache). I just want to curl up under a rock until it' s over

Is there something I can do (am already using a diuretic but it' s not making a difference)

Hallo Anon
It may be related to the hormones in the contraceptive, and you may need to think about using another kind of contraceptive like the IUD/condoms. Discuss with your doctor. If he thinks it is a kind of migraine he can give you preventative medication.

2
Posted by: B | 2010-02-17

Anon, I think you are getting a mentrual migraine. They are due to hormonal fluctuations and I suffer from them as well. Ask your dr to perscribe sometIhing like Maxalt - or another migraine painkiller. Normal ones dont help. You also have to take the maxalt as soon as the very first pain occurs. I found that if I took an anti-inflammatory and a maxalt together it sorted out the pain.

The only negative about maxalt is that it is very expensive and you have to take it ealy on on the headache.

Reply to B
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-17

Hallo Anon

Reply to cyberdoc