Question
Posted by: Luane | 2011/08/29

Headache because of anxiety

Hi there,

I would like to find out about the following. I had a really hectic week last week and I suffer with anxiety. I am on some medication called cilift. I had a reburst of anxiety and got the crawling warm skin sensation and after that I had a really terrible headache that was really bad. It was in the left hand side of my head going to my temples and as i got up or moved fast it was even worse. Like pushing into my eye. it became better, but it sometimes still feels like it is lingering like something rolling around in my head....can this be a tension headache...it is much better now, but it is still faintly there.

Hope to get some of your advice. This is day 6.

Cilift is a useful drug, used to treat depression and also anxiety disorders. It takes 2 to 3 weeks to show its full potential benefits. Anxiety itself often causes a range of physical symptoms, such as a fast pulse, sweating, trembling, and various forms of muscle tension, including headaches. Of course there are also numerous other causes of headache, such as migraine. What you describe could be a tension headache, but the best way to be sure would be to have your doctor check it out, with a fuller history and a physical examination.

1