Posted by: Johan | 2012-01-25

Headache and other problems

My wife got a problem. Last Saturday she had a headache and lost most of her vision in her left eye. The next morning the symptoms persist but a new one also shows. Her left arm got that needle and pins feeling. The Monday we go to the doctor and he send us for observation to a bigger hospital in Kimberley where they did some tests. They did a blood test, sonar test of her neck , eye tests and a MRA and x-rays of her head. The found nothing wrong. Then they send a shrink to see if it may be stress but the person says my wife is not that stressed. The day before they send us home she begins to have a lot of pain in her arm and leg whenever she uses them hard. On the day they send us home she started to throw up and have difficulty keeping anything inside except water. After two days of norflex pain tablets the pain was less and she could eat again. This Monday she goes to work but after a few hours they phone me to take her home. We saw the doctor the same day again and he give her an injection that knocked her out and give her a lot of pain pills and said she must be back on Thursday?
The big thing is they don''t know what is wrong. Do you have any ideas?

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Johan

Thanks for your query. Your wife’s symptoms do not fit into any obvious pattern, and without more information I really can’t suggest a diagnosis. My recommendation would be that your wife sees a good general physician or a neurologist who can take a careful history, examine her and suggest appropriate tests. I hope someone can quickly make the proper diagnosis and suggest the right treatment.

Kind regards,