Question
Posted by: Sally | 2011/07/15

Headache and lumps at the back of my neck

Dear Doc what could this be ,i had a headache the whole day yestedrday kept drinking water ,i work long hours ,still nothing helped ..got home at 11pm after work and watched some tv then went to bed,woke up at 6,the headache was stil there decided to take some excedrine pain tabs and took a nap,now got up headache was gone ,the two lumps at the back of my neck still there ,a bit painful < little bit of a headache still there ,could this be serious will it go away? please help should i see a doctor im not taking any medication,fit as a fiddle

Sally

Sally

Your symptoms are most likely due to neck muscle spasm. You can use Robaxin 750mg, two tablets, four times daily for the first day and thereafter, two tablets, twice daily for a period of five days. This medication is available over the counter.

You should also consult a physiotherapist for exercise and the relief of muscle spasm in the cervical spine.