Posted by: Theresa du Plessis | 2010-02-05

On 31st December I woke with a terrible headache. I noticed that my left eye was droopy. The headache went away but the droopy eye stayed. Since then, around 10th January I was hopitalised for severe headaches. MRI' s, scans etc were done and medication provided. The headaches still come now and then but my eye has not improved. What is the problem and how can it be remedied?

You are experiencing a condition called ptosis of the eyelid, where the muscle that elevates the lid is unable to do so. There are a few causes for this condition and should be investigated. The causes range from diabetes militus, fatique to neuromuscular disease.

Please refer to the following link for detailed information:

You should consult a neurologist to investigate your condition.