Question
Posted by: kea | 2010/03/24

headache &  Nausea.

Dear Doctor
My husband has for the past two weeks or so complained of a " nausea headache" . He says it is constant, but worse if he should lie down and tilt his head back. For instance when he went to the dentist the other day he lifted his head up whenever the dentist was not working on his teeth, for a while to ease the nausea which he says is more prominent when he tilts his head back like that. He says it is situated in the back of his head. He does have quite a bit of stress and is an uptight person. He will not go to the doctor and now asked me to get him something for " tension headaches"  and perhaps calmettes or something to try that in case it a tension headache. However, on reading up on headaches I see that a tension headache is not associated with nausea?. please adise.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Kea,

Although nausea is not a prominent symptom of tension headaches, it certainly can occur, but there may be another cause that can only be determined by a comprehensive medical examination - but if he is so stubborn that he isn't prepared to get help, then there is unfortunately nothing that I or anyone else can do for him, and he he will just have to learn to live with the problem.

1
Posted by: Headache expert | 2010/03/24

Dear Kea,

Reply to Headache expert