Question
Posted by: Dawie | 2012-03-19

Headache (allergy?)

Hardly a week goes by without me getting a headache. I know I get tension headaches, but I also get another type of headache. Most of the time I have a post nasal drip and always spit out mucus when brushing my teeth. The last twelve years, I have a mild sort of allergic reaction to certain raw fruits and vegetables like banana, carrot, avocado pear, pecannut etc. Only when it is in a raw, fresh state. When cooked or in salad, no problem. The reaction starts +- 1 minute after eating it and it is a " tickling irritation"  feeling sort of inside the ear canal. The irritation lasts only for a few minutes.
Could this be an indication of an allergy that can cause my headaches?
If so, how can one test to determine for what I am allergic?

Expert ImageNatural health

hi Dawie

it is possible that you might have build up a sensitivity to some of these foods. This can happen after a severe infection, over use of anti biotics or continues stress. With the sensitivity the body will make certain chemicals that can lead to headaches.

Consider doing a gut recovery (like L-glutamine) to fix the leaky gut. When undigested food particles goes in the blood stress and causes a sensitivity or allergy like symptoms. A Health practitioner can assist you with this.

Sydnexa in the Cape can do allergy testing for a variety foods.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za