Question
Posted by: ouch | 2008-11-11

headache after radiation

hi there

I had a craniotomy on 20th october. i have so far had little or no headaches at all. (I had a secondary tumor removed from my left occipital lobe) i had my first radiation treatment yesterday and an hour later developed a monster of a headache. i took 2 mybulen and it didnt help so i took 2 tranacet and it didnt work either. do you think i should tell my oncologost or neurosurgeon or is this normal? im having radiation every day for the next 2 weeks
thanks

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Ouch

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I must have missed your message.

You should definitely tell your oncologist and neurosurgeon - they are the experts at the kind of treatment you are getting, and will know whether the headaches are possibly being caused by the treatment.