Posted by: mandy | 2012-03-12

I have had a headache 4 3 months now. My head feels realy heavy especialy at the top, and it feels like both my ears are blocke and the right ear has a pulse, the temples are also paining and the back of my neck as well. Its like I should press really hard on the temples and the top of my head. Please help, I can t go on like this. My iaws also get tired as if I have been chewing bubble gum for some time. My GP gave me 3 months prescription of anti-depressants but they are not helping.

Whats causing this, and what can I do/take to make it stop?

I suggest that you reconsult your doctor for a referral to a neurologist. Possible causes include chronic muscle spasm, which in turn can cause severe headaches and pain. Cervical nerve irritation can also cause severe headaches. Your doctor should also examine you to rule chronic sinusitis out, which typically causes a frontal headache and is associated with impaired hearing. It is also possible that you have a combination of these factors.