Posted by: mamalove | 2011-10-17

i had very bad hayfever for the last 3 months or so, which is tapering off now. but now my eyes are extremely itchy, i scratch and then they get swollen, it looks terrible. but at least i''ve stopped sneezing and having the runny nose. but now 5 days ago, i all of a sudden got a severe pain on the left side of my head, it immediately felt like a shooting pain, and then started to feel like a headache, but only on the left side. i got nauseous and blurry vision (not too bad) and i took an ibuprofen tablet, which helped, but didnt take the headache away completely. so i''ve had this headache for 5 days now, only on the left side, and it gets better or worse during the course of the day. if i''m sitting and resting it feels like its gone. someone told me its sinus. the strange thing is i never used to get headaches, maybe one every 3 months or so, and never bad. i didnt even take panado for it, it would just go away. my mother gets very bad headaches almost every day. i''m a bit worried now coz i''ve had this headache for 5 days straight!

Your headache is most probably due to a sinus infection and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and a possible short course of antibiotics.