Question
Posted by: Headache | 2010/11/25

Headache

Hi Doc,
I find once I eat after I get very hungry I get a headache, and sometimes it is so bad I must take panado.
Could this be because of sugar levels?
I don''t have the headache before I eat, just hunger pangs.

Thanks always,
R

Dear Headache
It is difficult to say why you should develop a headache after eating and not when you are hungry. Very low blood sugar levels (i.e. when you are hungry) may cause headaches. I would suggest that you have a medical checkup because headaches can be caused by a wide variety of factors (low blood sugar, allergies, stress, neck problems, etc). Also ask the dr to check your blood sugar and insulin levels to see if you have an insulin problem. If you only developed the headache or an actual migraine after eating certain foods like cheese or biltong then I would say your headaches are related to eating foods that contain tyramine. So because your headaches seem to be linked to low blood sugar levels it is important that you have tests done to determine if you suffer from insulin imbalances or not so that they can be rectified.

1

Dear Headache