Question
Posted by: noname | 2010-10-20

headache

Subject: headache
Posted by: noname | 18/10/2010

why do i get an instant headache when they try to concentrate?
When ever I have to read something complex or long, I get a headache just looking at it, or when I know someone is going to tell me something that is important that I remember, I go blank, drift off or get an uncomfortable headache.
Wander if this is some kind of stress reaction or the part of my brain that has to pay attention is freaking out?

EXPERT''S REPLY
Subject:
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 19/10/2010
Hallo Noname
it could be due to eye strain or muscle spasm of the jaw or facial muscles when you concentrate. Maybe have your eyes tested first?
dr Bets

i have checked my eyes and der aint any thing wrong

Dear Noname
Then it is probably what we call a tension headache. These headaches are usually at both sides of the head, feels like a pressing feeling behind the eyes or on top of the head. It is caused by muscle spasm (due to gnashing of teeth or neck muscle spasm) Physiotherapy and relaxation techniques may help. Be careful not to use headache tablets daily as this can cause medication triggered headaches

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-20

Dear Noname