Question
Posted by: leb | 2009/11/11

headache

Can exercise course headache and dizziness? I exercise 2 hrs a day, 1 hr in the mrning and 1 hr in the evening. I have recently joined a spinning class. I drink a lot of water and green tea through the day. I sometimes get a mild headache and i get dizzy a lot, My fitness levels are very high, else I wouldnt even have the energy to exercise 2 hrs a day. Could the dizziness and headache be caused by exercising?

Hi Leb

It can, though there can be many causes. For example, if your sugar intake is a little low, and you become hypoglycemic, you'll get a headache. Then the cause is not exercise, it's your diet, because your energy intake is too low. And then the exercise is revealing that problem, because when you train, your burn glucose much more rapidly, causing your problems. That's one possibility. I'd look at that diet, and maybe see if you are eating consistently through the day.

If not, then some fruit, a light snack, every 3 hours is certainly recommended, and just after you train would be good.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/15

Hi Leb

Reply to fitnessdoc