Posted by: Debbie | 2009-10-12

Hi! I get headaches (sometimes migraines) quite often and I went to see a Neurologist, but he just said it is in my genes. I don' t know what to do about it anymore. I havn' t noticed that any food causes the headache and another doctor said it is because of stress. How can I resolve this issue and is there maybe some type of herbal medication I can take without any side effects? What is the chance of this going on untill I die oneday?

Hallo Debbie
See a physiotherapist and ask her to evaluate your neck and upper back - you may be getting tension headaches due to muscle spasm/trigger points in the neck and shoulder area. Another cause of chronic headaches is gnashing your teeth or a skew bite - so let your dentist also have a look there if the physio is not convinced that this is where your headache is coming from.
dr Bets