Posted by: Sheshi | 2009-02-02

I' m a 35 year female living with diabetic for 20 year and I have also developed high blood pressure as you know they work hand in hand.My problem is that I have a very painful headache for a week now ,please advise me what to do.Kind Portia

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Sheshi,
First and formost for your sake see your medical doctor to rule out any serious reasons for the headache.

If you have had diabetes for 20 years I am sure you have your diet under control. If you haven't you need to see a clinical nutritionist which your doctor can recommend.

As a longterm diabetic your musculoskeletal system will be a likely candidate for causing your headache. To remedy this consult your local osteopath. For more information on osteopathy visit

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath