Question
Posted by: DeeDee | 2010-04-14

Headach vs Period

Hi Doc - Im 40 and for the last 5 years have been suffering from headaches just prior to menstruation. Cant use the pill it just make it worse so im on IUD - NO medication helped - and nausea usual sets in either from to much medication or from to much pain. It''s the same yipe of headache with extreme pain feeling like my eye wants to pop out mostly one sided - the only thing that works is physiotherapy where they do traction and manipulation to the neck - this will take a two day hell on earth headache away within 30 min - some times it will feel like it suddenly just drain out of my head during or after physio. (it is always the same headache combined with period) - the one thing that I dont understand is - I have pretty bad eye sight wear a +3.5 lense and have " arthritis"  in the eye as the lens dont want to bend as it should but when the headache is at its worse I can actually read without my 24hour a day glasses. This would be the only time my eye''s can focus by itself. My eyes wants to pop out of my head from pain but yet I can see - how does this work? Is it hormonal?

Hormones do affect the eyes, usually by causing some water retention in the cornea. This may explain it.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-16