Posted by: Monique | 2012-09-12

Head pain

hi for the past 4 days i have been having a sharp pain at theright back side of my head in exactly the same place every time it feels like a sharp knife cutting into my head and then my head feels like there is a bit of pressure all over and it goes away when this pain happens there is also a similar pain in my neck is this due to tension or something more serious, no painkillers work for this please help! also i have been diagnosed with diabetes 1 week ago and are using metformin for now what is the side effects as i feel very dizzy sometimes as well.

It is possible that you have neck muscle spasm that is causing the headaches. I suggest that you consult a physiotherapist for treatment. You can apply heat, followed by cold packs and use Robaxin 750mg tablets (available over the counter) to alleviate the muscle spasm.

Metformin will not cause dizziness and I suggest that you reconsult your doctor to test your blood glucose. Metformin is not the drug of choice for the treatment of type 1 diabetes.

Posted by: Annekie | 2012-09-14

Why does it look as if a vein burst in my eye everytime I do not drink my hay fever medication on a continuous basis? Will this effect my eyesight and will this be dangerous in the long run? Waiting to hear from you. Thank you

Reply to Annekie