Question
Posted by: john | 2010/10/26

head pain

About two months ago I wrote to you, as I had done somthing at gym whislt starting a weights programme.The symtems were sharp pains rihgt side of head under the skull.For 30 days i had a headache everday.

Have had neck x-ray,CT scan eye tests all ok went for physio,chiropractor and now going to physio where they use electricity with little machines one can turn up the current and a wand type thing,ul tr-sound on the back of my head,around ear area.They say to breakdown scar tissue.

I am at my wits end as I am tired of headaches they have subsided a little.What could it be a muscle / tendon the latest physio says its the trapizus muscle.

Your thoughts and how long can this tyope of thing take to heal?I am back at gym doing cardio.

John

Hi John
Muscle spasms or trigger points in the trapezius and neck muscles can cause referred pain to the head. Just also let your dentist check your "bite" - a skew bite can also cause headaches on the temples. Ask your doctor to try a low dose of Trepilene at night if physio alone does not help. Trepilene is an antidepressant but it also helps for neurological pain as it "normalizes" oversensitive pain impulses.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/26

Hi John