Question
Posted by: JK | 2010/07/21

HEAD PAIN

I have 3 weeks ago gone from doing cardio to weights, three times now while exerting myself doing weights have had intense head pain at back of right side it comes on as i do the particular exercise and now has happened on three differant exercises.Yesterday pain was so bad I had to stop pull ups and rest for ten min.

Then this pain turns to a headache for two days.My doc checked me out today all is ok ,BP was 130/85 I do take 25mg Losartan a day.

Your thoughts thanks never had this with cardio workouts and am worried.

John

Hallo John
It may be a muscle spasm caused by the type of exercise you do. The back muscles (Trapezius) attach to the back of your head ( see http://www.goworkoutmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/trapezius.png) and this may be the cause of the pain and the headache. See a physiotherapist to check if you have a trigger point in the area and to treat if necessary?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/21

Hallo John