Question
Posted by: Anony | 2009-10-06

Head injury

I had a fight with my husband and he pushed me against the wall and now my head on the left hand side its swollen since sunday. Since then I had a running nose but only one side which is the left. My neck is also painful on hte same side and I can' t even turn it because of pains. I have a headache like I have a flu but I don' t and I didn' t have any symptoms before that. I can' t even speak loud or laugh coz I feel pains on my chest (especially the left hand side) and its even difficult to eat.

Is it possible that these are all the complications of the injury? Please help doc

Dear Anony
Yes you may have a skull fracture - please see your doctor urgently - he needs to check if the runny nose fluid is not serebrospinal fluid leaking. This can be very dangerous as you may develop meningitis.
If the push was accidental, fine, but if he physically attacks you during arguments, you may need to talk to a social worker as this can be dangerous for you.

1
Posted by: Anony | 2009-10-06

I forgot ot mention that I' m also sneezing and it started just minutes after I had that incident.

Reply to Anony