Posted by: Chez | 2009-03-23

Head Injury

About three weeks ago I slipped on the bathroom floor and hit my head quite hard on the tiled wall. (I'  m 50). My head was sore and I had pain in my neck and shoulder, but it was almost better the next day. I have since had a headache almost every day and sometimes get a sharp pain at the back of my head, on the right side (lower than where I actually hit my head, where it is still a bit tender), but the pain goes away within 30 minutes.
Is this concussion or could be be something more serious.
Thanking you,

Dear Cheryl
This could be due to a muscle spasm in your neck, but if you have any symptoms of weakness in arms, legs, face or difficulty speaking, or if the headache persists, or becomes worse over time you should rather see your doctor. Dr Bets