Posted by: help visitor | 2011-05-23

Head injure

My brother was involved in a motor bike accident. His whole body was intact, the only problem was he was unconscious, and the doctor took him for a head scan and realized that he’ s got a blood clot in his brain, immediately they took him for an operation which the doctor said it went well meaning they manage to stop the bleeding, and the wasn’ t any other injuries. Before the operation when you talk to him, telling to him to hold my hand and try to move his whole body he will do that and hold me tight. It is 5 days after the operation. On his second day the doctor took him off the ventilation machine saying his breathing has improved and put him on the oxygen through his esophagus. He still can move his whole body, when you touch his leg he will move them even his hand. Yesterday was his 4th day and he started to yawn.

We have spoken to the nurses at the ward and we were told that they are keeping him on the drip because he moves too much. What I need to find out is, is this a good sign that he is recovering.

It is a very good sign but he sustained a severe head injury and recovery can take months to a year. It will be best to consult the neurosurgeon about his prognosis.