Question
Posted by: 24/7/364 | 2008/05/29

he's watching me

Hi. I have diagnosed myself as having bipolar disorder some 10 years ago and without doctors running any tests other than going on my word, I was put on medication and still is. But I'm starting to think that I was wrong. Yes I had my ups and downs and yep, I f*ucked up badly, but bipolar? I am also on a anti-psychotic but there's something that's been bothering me more than ususal nowadays. I believe that my husband knows exactly where I am and what I'm doing every second of every day. I often find myself searching for the cameras ans microphones which I do belief he planted in my car as well as my cellphone. I seldom use my cell and lately it's been gathering dust on the kitchen shelve. I will call back but I will not answer it, unless it's hubby calling. He always calls at just ther right time like when I come back from the shops or just after I finished showering... I often confess stuff because I know he knows. I KNOW he knows and it's driving me absolutely nuts. I'm resentful of him for doing it and at the same time I feel so exposed. I also belief he might be taking weird photo's of me when I sleep. I sleep deep because of the meds I'm on. It's sort of always there for me. Where is the bug, where is the camera. Sometimes though it strikes me as to how crazy it all sounds, but I still live like that. I have no privacy. Please help. Thanks.

Sounds like weak doctors ! NO doctor should ever rely on a patient's self-diagnosis, but is required to conduct a full, careful professional examinaion and assessment and reach his own conclusions according to proper professional standards and criteria.

And as you say, the problem might well not be Bipolar Disorder as such. IF indeed your husband were doing the sort of things you feel so sure he is doing, that's serious and would have an unfortunate impact on your mental health --- and you'd deserve to see a good local psychiatrist for a proper in-depth assessment of how this is affecting you, and help to strengthen you ability to cope with such situations.

Also, as you recognize that this does sound kinda crazy, it is possible that you may be suffering from one of a variety of paranoid disorders in which one very sincerely believes that such things are happening, even if they aren't, and this is also very distressing and debilitating, and also needs treatment. Anti-psychotic mediation ( if the right drug is chosen, at the right dose ) could help greatly to have you feeling much better and stronger before long.

From what you say, you may be seeing a psychiatrist ( the usual sort of doc to prescribe such meds ) ; and if so, I hope you have told him all about these unusual and stressful experiences, so that he can chose the best way to help you

3
Posted by: Fairychild | 2008/05/30

I have a friend who is bipolar and antidepressants... and she also thinks that people are spying on her...

maybe you chould look this up... your most probably just imagining it all...

and it's pure luck that your DH calls at the right etc...

Reply to Fairychild
Posted by: Dude | 2008/05/29

what did u do ? what did he do ? were 2 now ?

Reply to Dude
Posted by: huh? | 2008/05/29

U need some serios help and not your own if I may add

Reply to huh?