Posted by: Princess | 2009-08-03

He wants condoms, i dont.

My partner and i have been together for 3 years and married for a year. We have a child when i was on the pill ( i wasnt advised on the proper usage). We currently use condoms and I always thought that unprotected sex was a privilege to married couples.
He doesnt want to risk a pregnancy again for now and wants to continue using the condoms and i dont. I am on the pill again (i' ve changed doctors and he' s advised me on the right way of using it and i have done research and set an alarm to take it the same time everyday.)
He claims it' s not a trust, responsibility thing, just that he is cautious.
Please provide me with feedback as to how we can resolve this situation?

it might be advisable for you to take your husband along with you to see the doctor so he can explain the effectiveness of contraception and chances of falling pregnant while on the pill and to clarify any misconceptions he may have. it is clear that he has pregnancy anxiety and that needs to be addressed especially as most pills have almost 100% effectiveness. if he doesnot trust the pill, you can always consider other forms of contraception including the injections(taken every 2 or 3 months), the intra uterine contraceptive device (loop), hormone patches or if you dont want anymore kids, tubal ligation is also an option(permanent sterilization).

Posted by: XXX | 2009-08-04

If you don' t want children in the next 5years, you can go for a loob. You won' t get your period and you CANT get pregnant on it. Talk to your doctor about it and take your husband with.

Reply to XXX