Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2010/11/29

He wants a divorce ...dont know what to do

My husband was away in CT last week and I was staying with my folks and our little 1 year old daugther while he was gone. More for company than anything. On Tuesday we had a client Christmas function he knew about this. I knew they would expect us to drink shooters so I organised for my sisters to fetch me so I didnt drive. I arrived home called my husband once he didnt answer so I had gone upstairs to bed when he called back. He didnt speak to me for days even after I apologied for not calling back on friday night he came home after 8 and went to bed Not after he told me that informnts had seen me carring on at the lunch!!!! What? That is creepy. Nothing happened but seriously that isnt normal to spy on your wife.

On Saturday morning I took my daugther out to the shops he called me and started shouting so I hung up. He sms to say he wants a divorce. Needless to say I went to stay by my parents for the weekend - he sent another messgae last night Suday saying now that I had stayed away with our daughter for two days he REALLY wanted a divorce as our marriage is irrepairable and taking our daughter away was a deal breaker???? I cant belive this is he is for real. To throw away what we have for such a dumb reason to start with. I left after he told me he wanted a divorce was I suppose to go home take more abuse???I dont want a divorce but I think he has some problems and needs help this is not normal behavior. Any advice would be helpful.

Sounds like a gross over-reaction, almost as though he was hunting for an excuse to get angry and make demands or threaten divorce. I wonder what he himself has been up to, lately ? No court would seriously consider a marriage "irretrievably" broken after such trivial events and hysterical tantrums on his side.
I do agree that he really does seem to have problems, but he may not want to face this and may well deny he has any troubles at all.
Marriage counselling could be really useful, but only if he sincerely agreed to take part.

7
Posted by: Donah | 2010/11/30

He obv did not have a spy at the function and is trying his luck big time to make you always " watch your back"  this is an old trick in the book. Most men like woman to be at home and nuture their kids but this is not on as woman also need their space esp with all the duties they have. He is bluffing with a divorce because he is very insecure... I hope you guys work things out :-)

Reply to Donah
Posted by: Ek | 2010/11/29

Exactly the problem..he distrust you (woman in general). It wont be easy to assure him, even if you promise and though you dont give him any reason. Jealousy is something only himself can cure..or by starting with him admitting he''s got a serious trust problem.

Reply to Ek
Posted by: Tracy | 2010/11/29

No his ex girlfriend cheated on him and left him for his best frined before he met me. But thats in the past she is another person I have never given him a reason to not trust me.

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: Ek | 2010/11/29

Thats a bit harsh Lizzie...but totaly agree, he might be looking for you behind the door. Hy is paranoid oor iets..gee jy hom rede om te wees Tracy?

Reply to Ek
Posted by: lizard | 2010/11/29

HE is definately guilty of something, thats why his behaviour does not make sense, he''s blaming you for something HE is guilty of, he most probably slept with some whore

Reply to lizard
Posted by: PMS | 2010/11/29

I think you need to discuss this with your husband. Sometimes people say things when they are upset. Staying away will not help, unless of course he gets abusive. Why would he have someone spying on you at your work function - does he not trust you? It sounds like he may be insecure about something? You need to meet with him and discuss this!!

Reply to PMS