Question
Posted by: Ania | 2011-02-03

he soils himself

as in the post above.

Answered the other time this message was posted
I also agree with Liza that he should be bathing himself at this age ( or do you do this so as to inspect him and see if the problem has recurred ? )

8
Posted by: Harold | 2011-02-03

He might have a mild case of Hirschsprungs Disease maybe. I think this is something he possibly has no control over. Get him to a specialist gastroenterologist as soon as you can and all the best.

Reply to Harold
Posted by: Ania | 2011-02-03

Thank you so much you guys, i will definitely seek help and keep you posted.

Ania

Reply to Ania
Posted by: Liza | 2011-02-03

Have you taken him to a doctor to find out whether there is a medical reason for this? If there isn't a medical reason, it might be best to take him to a child psychologist for play therapy to find out why he is doing this.

Why are you still bathing him at age 7 however? Shouldn't he be doing this for himself by now?

As you've noticed, the punishment and shouting doesn't work. Sometimes it just makes things worse. Just remember that getting professional help doesn't make you a bad mother. A bad mother is the one who doesn't try to get help

Good Luck Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: XXX | 2011-02-03

I would not shout at your child at all,it probably makes it worse.Rather consult a dr or even a psychologist as he clearly has an underlying problem. Rather be more understanding of him.

You say you are a single parent,that in itself could be the problem. Have patience with him,he will come right (with help).

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Trace | 2011-02-03

Then rather do that as soon as possible to put your mind as well as your heart at ease...
I hope it helps and everything works out for you.

Reply to Trace
Posted by: Ania | 2011-02-03

thanks Tace - his teachers have not said anything as i think this happens after school whilst playing and yes i can afford to take him to a psychologist and have been thinking of doing so.

Reply to Ania
Posted by: Tace | 2011-02-03

This is really sad Ania, you mention you a single mom, will you be able to afford to take him to see a professional to get to the bottom of this? Also have you spoken to his teachers?

And please dont for a second think you are failing him, I am sure you are doing the best you can.

Reply to Tace