Question
Posted by: Renee | 2012/07/12

He sees himeself as the weakest link

Im 37 involved with a 43 year old man who does nt have a confidence in himself saying that i am more intelligent and educated than him and he says that put him under a lot of pressure as whenever we are talking i always brings in factual ideas that works too well for him and that according to him threatens his powers as a man.

Fact is i can see that he is not open minded but i try to adjust to be on the same level as his and i do not show him that he is weak.So this is causing me problems as i am unable to secure myself prince charming because he is not the first time i meet something like this.I was once dumped by the man i used to love so much with the same reasons.AND FOR THEM TO BE UNEDUCATED AND NOT HAVING OPEN MINDS IS NOT MY FAULT.
I have been trying to find myself a man whom i can settle down with but its too hard to get one as when i try those ones in the Executives Levels i dont get what i want and whenever i try down there i became a threat.

Lastly i am not a kind a person who likes to brags about what i have.Instead i encourage hard work n change in someone s live by introducing them to world of education.I am not enforcing i just made suitable suggestions for the.

Sounds like he has ( and maybe this is why he's still unattached ) rather feeble self-confidence and self-esteem. Some folks have the approach to relationships that Groucho Marx had to clubs - he said he'd never join one that would have someone like him as a member.
Sounds like he's clinging to some pathetically old-fashioned ideas about how someone should be treated merely because by accident they were born "a man".
But maybe you're more intelligent and more secure and confident than the sort of men you start going out with. We all have the freedom to educate ourselves, but many folks don't bother to make use of every opportunity to do so.
A person can choose to remain resentful about not knowing a lot of things, or to positively view all situations in which they notice things they don't know about, as an opportunity and invitation to learn more.
What can you do except to keep looking, but don't assume that they guys higher on the executive ladder are automatically more intelligent or educated than anyone else. Some are, and some are appalling idiots.

1